Book 2 post 1: “In Deep Shift: Riding the Waves of Change to Find Peace, Fulfillment and Freedom” by Valerie Gangas.



The book I chose to read is “In Deep Shift: Riding the Waves of Change to Find Peace, Fulfillment and Freedom” by Valerie Gangas. The description of the book seemed as if it was written for people that are about to go through a major life change and unsure of what they will do next, which caught my attention. As someone that will be leaving college soon and going through a journey of uncertainty, I felt that I could gain some wise wisdom from reading the book .


The book first starts off with explaining what the deep shift is as someone who is living in the “now” and no longer feeling troubled or distracted by the past or the future. But then it gets into how this mindset is about reaching your higher self and connecting to the power of the cosmic energy, so I became a bit skeptical about that. However, when she talks about how she became extremely depressed after her mother's death and how meditation helped her grieve was interesting to read. The goal of the book is for the author to guide the reader to a place where they no longer feel the need to compromise themselves for image, attention, safety, money or status while reaching a greater joy and fulfillment. Also, her education and studies in religion and meditation has me interested in what type of advice the author will write about in the future chapter.



I am reaching the mid-way point of the book and I am enjoying the advice the author gives to help you look at certain life events with a different perspective. I’m not sure if I may be fully transformed after reading this book, but I am hoping to gain useful advice.

Comments